The results of a cache search are displayed.
If the search was by country/region, by time or by owner, the results
will be sorted by date the cache was listed, with the newest cache at
top. If the search was a proximity search (by city or ZIP code or
postcode or by saved location) the results will be sorted by distance,
with the closest cache at top.
Explanation of fields:
- Title: the cache name. To see the details for any cache, click on
the cache name.
- Owner: The player who created the cache listing.
- Distance: the distance, in kilometers, from the cache to the
city center or ZIP code or postcode or saved location specified by
you. Saved locations are set in your profile.
- Country: the country in which the cache is located.
- Region: the state, province, bundesland, kantone, etc., in
which the cache is located.
- Near: the nearest city or town, based on a database of over 3
million place names. Use this as a guide only. Accuracy is not
- Listed: the date the cache was listed with GPSgames.org
- Last Log: the last person to log that cache, giving the person's
name and the kind of log.
- Hide: The initial comments about the log by the hider. If this is
the last log, it indicates that no one else has logged this cache.
- Find: Comments made by a geocacher who found the cache
- DNF: Comments made by a geocacher who tried and failed to find
the cache (Did Not Find)
- Note: Comments independent of a hunt. May be made by someone who
already logged the cache earlier, by someone planning to hunt the
cache, by the owner, or by any interested observer.
- Review: Comments made by a volunteer who reviews a cache using
its description, not by having found the cache itself. Reviews are
used to express an initial, independent opinion about the suitability
of a cache.
- Date: the date of the last log
The search engine may have ignored some caches and not displayed them.
Caches are ignored based on criteria set by you in your profile. For
example, by default, caches are not displayed until they have been
reviewed and approved. The count of ignored caches, if any, will appear
at the bottom of the listing.
Some caches may have been ignored because you asked that they be ignored.
To see these caches, go to the home page and click on "Show my ignores".