Name: Grumpy Old Trolls
Near: Pleasant Run Farm
WGS84: N39° 18.519 W084° 32.123
|Cache type: regular,multi
|Difficulty: 3 out of 5
|Terrain: 3 out of 5
|Equipment needed: flashlight
|Environment: no kids,placed without permission,public,free,parking,no handicap access,not commercial
|Average rating: not enough logs to calculate
|Other ratings: Handicaching
A two part multi-cache. Have fun!
Jurer qb gebyyf hfhnyyl yvir? Ybbx haqrearngu. Tb vagb gur cnex sbe n orggre natyr. n synfuyvtug jbhyq or hfrshy
A B C D E F G H I J K L M 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4
Edited: 2004-05-31 02:46:36 UTC
This page displays the detailed description for a cache.
Explanation of buttons. Depending on whether you are the cache owner or
not, different buttons will be available.
- Log your find: Click this button if you found the cache. The
right to log a find is defined by the cache owner. For traditional
caches, it usually means you signed the paper log.
- Log your DNF: Click this button if you attempted to find this
cache and failed (Did Not Find).
- Add a note: Click this button if you did not hunt this cache, but
want to add a comment about it anyway.
- Review this cache: New caches are reviewed by volunteers using
the cache descriptions submitted. Until reviewed, new caches will
not, by default, appear in search results. Reviewers should be
independent and impartial. You cannot review your own cache. Do not
review your friends' caches. Click this button if you want to review
this cache. Your review will be public information.
- Grab it!: If this is a moving cache or hitchhiker and you have
found it and took possession of it, click this button to record your
log, which signals other players that the cache is on the move.
- Move it!: If this is a moving cache or hitchhiker and you have
re-hidden it, click this button to record the new location.
- Edit cache details: If you are the owner of the cache, click this
button to edit the cache description.
- Watch this cache: Click this button if you want to receive an
email every time a new log is added. (You can see the list of caches
you are watching by going to your Profile.)
- Quit watching: If you already watching this cache, click this
button to delete this cache from your watch list.
- Ignore this cache: Click this button if you want to filter
this cache out of all future cache searches you do. You can see
the list of caches you are ignoring by going to your Profile.
Although other players cannot see your profile, be warned that it
is still possible for other players to determine which caches you
- Quit ignoring: If you are already ignoring this cache, click this
button to delete this cache from your ignore list. This will work
only for caches you have explicitly selected for ignoring, not for
caches on another player's ignore list that you have decided to
- Show logs: Click this button to see all the logs for this cache.
Explanation of fields. Depending on what cache attributes were supplied
by the cache owner, not all of the following fields will be visible.
- Name: the name given to this cache by the hider.
- Owner: the player who placed or adopted this cache.
- Country: the country where the cache is placed.
- Region: the state, province, bundesland, kantone, etc. where the cache is placed.
- Near: the nearest city or town, based on a database of over 3
million place names. Use this as a guide only. Accuracy is not
- Latitude: the latitude (WGS-84) where the cache is placed.
- Longitude: the longitude (WGS-84) where the cache is placed.
- Hidden: the date that the cache was hidden.
- Cache type: see Cache Types
- Difficulty: a subjective rating from 1 to 5 describing the
difficulty in finding the cache itself or solving the puzzle needed
to learn the cache's location.
- Terrain: a subjective rating from 1 to 5 describing the
environment, taking into consideration the length of the hike, trail
condition (or lack of trail), elevation changes, etc.
- Equipment needed:
- 4 wheel drive: a site far enough off paved roads to make travel
in a 4 wheel drive vehicle recommended.
- Boat: anything from a canoe, rowboat, or kayak, up to a cruise
ship to a private island
- Diving gear: anything from snorkeling to Scuba tanks
- Climbing gear: anything from ropes to oxygen tanks
- Proper clothing: anything from a swim suit, or long pants and
long sleeves, to hazmat protective suits (let's hope not)
- Compass: perhaps for navigating from one waypoint to another
in a multiple stage hunt
- Flashlight: perhaps for night caches
- Phone/Radio/Internet: if some kind of communications is
required (e.g., for the geocacher to tell someone to capture a
screen image of himself on a web cam), check this and specify
details in the comments
- Other: Specify in comments
- Safe: sites that do not put geocachers at undue risk of injury or
- Kids: suitable for children. At the minimum, an environment safe for
young children to walk and run freely. At the maximum, a location
with activities to keep young children amused before or after the
geocaching hunt. The cache theme should be suitable for children.
- Public or private: Public sites are generally accessible to the
general public. Private sites are not. Examples of public sites:
city streets and parks, private businesses that serve the public,
such as stores and amusement parks, private land that is unmarked
and unfenced and that you have obtained permission from the
landowner to place a cache.
- 24x7: accessible 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Free: no admission charge required for entry
- Non-commercial? a cache, cache contents, cache site and cache
description that are not intended to solicit customers. This
includes solicitations for non-profit organizations and causes.
- Parking: either a site with its own parking lot or adjacent to a
paved street where parking is allowed.
- Handicap access: a site that has made provisions for people with
mobility difficulties, both in reaching the cache site and retrieving
the cache itself
- Dogs: A site where dogs are allowed and can be off leash.
- Permission granted: a site where the cache owner has explicit
permission from the landowner to place this cache. A "no" answer
is used if there has been no contact with the landowner. A "no"
answer is not an admission of a violation of land use laws or
private property rights.
- Cache condition: the general condition of the cache container and
its contents, considering things as wet/dry, damaged/restored,
- Rating: After three players have found and rated this cache
for overall experience, an average rating will be computed and
- Waypoint: the ID for this cache in the database.
- Maps: links to mapping sites.
- Nearest: links to other caches hidden nearby.
- Watches: a list of players who are "watching" this cache.
- Ignores: a count of players who are "ignoring" this cache.
- Description: A description of the cache.
- Hint/Spoiler: Encrypted information that provides hints of
the cache location. No automatic decryption is provided (you
shouldn not expect to have it too easy, after all).